We collect basic client/visitor information, including Personal Information, in connection with the performance of the site and our Services. We respect your privacy and we assure you that we will maintain and use this information responsibly. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13.
• We collect information from you when you visit, register or logon to the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
• When ordering, communicating or registering, we may collect:
o Your full legal name, company name, e-mail address, phone number, billing address and shipping address; o Your Lambda Electronics user ID and password (if applicable, only in case of online account registration/logon); o Credit card information, expiration date and billing address (if applicable, only in case of ordering goods/services); o Any account-preference information; o Your computer's IP address. o Number of employees in your company, your annual revenues, your industry, other similar information (if applicable, only in connection with your account registration)
• You may, however, visit our site anonymously during which we may record Anonymous Information. "Anonymous Information" means information and data that is not linked to your Personally Identifiable Information and does not, by itself, permit the identification of an individual.
• We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
• Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
• From telephone users, we collect your phone number and if applicable may record audio. From chat support users, we collect PII as well as information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address. From forum users, we collect certain PII, including your name, email address and website URL. We use all of this information to provide to your the Services, to enhance our Services and answer any question you may have.
We do not collect or process personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and do not process genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
As described above we will use Personal Information to perform the Services, including to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network and identify you as a user in our system. We will also use Personal Information to contact you regarding your interest in, or experience with, the Services, to provide you with support and to improve the quality of our Site and Services. We may also use Personal Information for marketing purposes. For example, we may use information that you provide to contact you or send to you information regarding us or our partners. We use Personal Information that you provide to us or that is collected from partners to conduct decision making, including automated decision making to assist us in screening customer accounts for risk or fraud concerns prior to entering into a (purchase) contract.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. • To quickly process your transactions.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
• In case of general browsing, whether you are a customer of ours or not, we collect Anonymous Data, including data about our website you visit and how you browse, information about the device, operating system and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address and the date/time stamp for your visit. If you are a customer of ours, we will also collect data about how and when you access your account. We use this information to see which areas are most visited, which helps us improve the quality of visitors' online shopping experiences by recognizing and delivering more of the features, services and products that our visitors prefer. We may also use this information to provide you advertising or marketing.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. We will take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information.
We aim to report any loss or breach of data within 72 hours of first becoming aware of the breach.
It is our policy to never send private information, such as your credit card number, via e-mail, IM, chat or other unsecured means. In fact, this is a practice we recommend you adopt in all of your Internet activities.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. Third parties that have content embedded on our Site such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from our website unless you provide it to them directly. Any third party cookie usage is governed by the policy of the third party placing the cookie.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
There is no industry standard or understanding about how to respond to “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals. Therefore, unless otherwise required by law, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when We detect DNT signals from your browser.
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described above and below. We will not disclose any such PII, except:
• As necessary to provide the Service to you;
• In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity can not reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
• As required by law, or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law;
• To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
• To a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale or disposition of all or a portion of our assets;
• As necessary to enforce our Terms of Service;
• As necessary to protect our rights, safety, or property, our users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction; and
The term "outside parties" does not include Lambda Electronics TR CO LLC. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping. Alternatively you may send an email to sales(at)lambda-uae.com requesting an update, modification, copy or deletion of all or part of your Personal Information. We intend to process such requests within 30 days.
We may use other third parties to help Us provide services and marketing to you, such as shipping or fulfilling orders, processing payments, monitoring site activity, identifying and preventing fraud, conducting quality assurance and testing, providing support, conducting surveys, and administering e-mails, and share with them Your Personal Information solely for those purposes. If we share any Personal Information with any of these third parties, we will require that such information be used only to provide the services requested by us and be maintained by them in strictest confidence.
We do not control the use by third parties of your Personal Information that we collect, and its use by them will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. However, we will ensure that they are bound by agreements with us that include non-disclosure and certain data protection provisions. If you do not wish for your Personal Information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or use these third party services or to specifically express interest in our partners products or services. We will always ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with Third Parties for purposes other than those described herein.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your Account is active or for as long as needed to provide you or our users with the Services. We also retain Your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. The precise periods for which we retain your Personal Information vary depending on the nature of the information or why we need it. We may periodically ask you to update your data. We collect and retain indefinitely anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, in order to improve our Services.
Our operations are primarily located in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and our servers are hosted in the UAE and/or the United States. If you are located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), your Personal Information will be transferred out of the EEA to the United States and the United Arab Emirates. Residents of the EEA have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your personal data. If you are a resident of the EEA and our customer or partner or a user of our Site and you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us by emailing sales(at)lambda-uae.com.
For customers of our store in connection with our Services, we serve as a data controller of customer information, whereas our website host partner based in the United States acts as data processor. Our website hosting partner complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “Privacy Shield”) regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the EU to the United States (“EU Personal Data”). They have certified to the Department of Commerce that they adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles.
We understand that and value your rights over your Personal Information. We have taken steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete or port your Personal Information and give you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails. If you are our customer or a partner, you can update many types of Personal Information directly within your Account settings. If you are unable to change your Personal Information within your Account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit our Site, please contact us at sales(at)lambda-uae.com. Please understand that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, the Services may not function properly or certain Services may not be available.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to sales(at)lambda-uae.com.
Please also visit or request our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.